Healthy teeth take a lifetime to achieve. Once you fail to maintain your dental hygiene, dental problems will eventually occur. So it is vital to make sure that you take all the right steps to attaining good oral health.
Here are the following ways to consider in maintaining good oral hygiene:
- Don’t go to bed without brushing your teeth– Brushing your teeth twice a day is recommended. Be mindful that sleeping without brushing your teeth could allow bacterias to make the mouth a breeding ground for them to live.
- Brush your teeth properly– Brushing your teeth with the right technique is very important. You need to use a technique prescribed by American Dental Association (ADA) to brush your teeth effectively. Here’s how to do it: Brush your teeth at a 45-degree angle to your gums and use back and forth strokes on the sides and top of your teeth. Afterward, hold your toothbrush vertically and focus brushing the back of your teeth where plaque most often builds up.
- Don’t neglect your tongue when brushing your teeth– We often forget to brush our tongue when we brush our teeth. You should never disregard that because plaque can also build upon our tongue and may lead to bad breath cause oral health problems. So, the right thing to do is to brush your tongue whenever you brush your teeth.
- Use toothpaste that has fluoride substance– In choosing toothpaste, the important material that you should consider is fluoride as its primary content. Fluoride is a substance that is recommended by most dentists to protect our oral health. It works as a defense against tooth decay and gum disease.
- Use dental floss– Just like brushing, flossing should be done properly to ensure that it reaches between the teeth. Use a string of floss that is 18 inches in length to avoid reinserting the bacteria that is already removed to another tooth.
Oral hygiene is essential and must be observed by all. Follow all the dental hygiene tips mentioned above because these can be beneficial to everyone. So, choose the best products you need, enhance your technique and make sure to do your best in keeping your teeth away from cavities.
You deserve outstanding Dental Care Services in Spokane. Book your appointment with us at TruDental Spokane and let us help you achieve a beautiful and a healthy teeth! We are located at 2204 E. 29th Ave. #208, Spokane, WA 99203.