Dentistry has developed restorative treatments to enhance appearance and restore functionality. Some of the dental restorations are Dental Crowns and Bridges. These are prosthetic devices that are cemented to the existing teeth or dental implants to address problems associated with missing and damaged teeth. At TruDental Spokane, we offer services for Dental Crowns and Bridges to the community of Spokane, Glenrose, Geiger Heights, Dishman, Spokane Valley and surrounding areas.
A Dental Crown is a cap-like material used to cover an implant or a damaged tooth. Crowns are used to restore the teeth appearance and structure; it can be made from different materials such as metal alloys, porcelain, gold, and ceramic.
A Dental Bridge acts as a replacement for a missing tooth. Bridges are attached to the anchors which are original teeth (abutments). The pontics (artificial tooth) to be stable and remain in its place, is placed on the crowns that cover the abutments. Bridges are made from different materials such as porcelain, porcelain fused to metal, gold alloys, and base metal alloy.
Uses of a Dental Crown
- Protect and restore a damaged tooth
- Strengthen weak tooth
- Restore fractured tooth
- Protect Dental implants
- Renew Discolored tooth
- Restore the shape of the tooth
- Hold Dental Bridge
Uses of a Dental Bridge
- Fill in gaps because of missing tooth
- Supports the pontics (artificial tooth)
- Replaces one or more missing tooth
Advantages of Dental Crown and Bridges
- Durable and Protective
- Dental crown and bridges last long with the proper dental hygiene.
- Improves Aesthetic
- Dental crowns and bridges restore the appearance of teeth and also the confidence of the patient when smiling.
- Immovable Tooth Replacement
- Dental Crown and bridges stay in place since it is fixed in the mouth.
- Easy to clean
- Restore the functionality of the teeth
Disadvantages of Dental Crown and Bridge
- Pain and discomfort after the procedure
- Costly than other treatments
Aiming to restore your teeth as natural as it was before? Book your appointment with TruDental Spokane. Contact us at (509) 593-3033 to know more about dental crowns and bridges in Spokane, or to schedule your appointment. We are located 2204 E. 29th Ave. #208, Spokane, WA 99203. Our passionate team is committed to giving our patients quality dental care and relaxing environment.